Saturday, August 05, 2006

UK continuum...

So in my last post I was ranting about the desiness, ghetoness, misfitness of Southhall, the place not to be when you're belching out pound sterlings for a vacation. So anyways once I was done with the community obligations, I was invited to crash in my friend's dorm room at LSE.

Him being the hardworking, focused, motivated, career minded individual, smack in the middle of finals, in his final year, had warned me before hand "You could not have chosen a worse time!".

So anyways we watched some movie, I forget which...ah yes the Da Vinci code...i'm not a movie critic so don't expect a review. I think I enjoyed "John Tucker must die" more.

So anyways, this other friend in Manchester, another hard working studious guy, now in a PhD program, was all done with his finals...so as expected, I took a train next morning and was in Manchester. I'd rather live in Manchester than London, maybe another reason why of all the places in the states, I chose central Indiana. That's blog material, but on another post maybe.

So down in Manchester, or should i be saying up? I don't know, the only Geography I ever studied was Pakistan Studies...saw another couple of movies, MI3 and X-Men3...went to a posh indian restaurant, don't find too many of those...yes they're usually all expensive but rarely posh! Went to some club, no luck with girls...met up with another old school friend, made new ones. Good time!

So well Manchester covered, we decided to explore Scotland, so got on to a bus and off we went. Next stop Glasgow. Nice modern city and everything. But it was a Bank holiday, the cheap hostels were all packed. The guy at the reception told us to go sleep at the airport! Nay! we checked all the hotels nearby, except ofcourse a few that we were sure we couldn't afford! Ended up spending the night at the bus stop, or whatever remained of it after chilling at a sports bar till it closed. At the crack of dawn we were out again. Found a coffee shop, just the thing to keep us going...

In a couple of hours we were on a bus to Edinburgh. Now this place is definitely beautiful. Castles, hills, modern architecture ...classy! End of the day, back to Manchester!

So after some rest...forget how many days, the friend back in London was done with his exams too...so off I went. Met up with more people, friends old and new. Went to Thorpe Park, roller coaster heaven. Played some cricket, ate some good desi food, chilled...good time!

And it was time to go back...back to Purdue for two months of intense summer school!

No comments:

Post a Comment