Wednesday, February 25, 2009

lets get over the catchup....

So, I've been in Australia for over 7 months now. College life wasn't as active as I had hoped, me being lazy and the long commute from my sister's place. The studies however went quite well and I finished with a distinction average.
Been on vacation almost 4 months now. Another 2 weeks for semester to start. Geeky as it may sound, I'm actually looking forward to it!
Went to Kenya for Ashara (10 Days of Muharram, first month of the Islamic calendar, where we remember and mourn the sacrifices of Imam Hussain in Karbala, Iraq).
Apart from he religious stuff, Kenya is a beautiful place. Was staying at a beach resort, with white sandy beaches, coral reefs, and clean blue waters. Add to that a nice hot summer. Perfect! The only thing missing was some good company ;). But I'm not the one to be complaining. Went snorkeling, a one day safari with random people and shopping in the city. Met up with friends from the U.S. Made some new ones. Had a great time. Too lazy to put pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment